Effective facilitation is the goal of this course! Facilitation is assisting a group to determine and or achieve a particular task. To achieve the most effective outcomes however, one needs to look for and use the most appropriate processes for both the group and the focus. In the facilitation process, the trainer will need to ensure that all learners have an opportunity to contribute and challenge the participants to find the best results.
Effective facilitation is about working with people and assisting individuals with their interactions and discussion. Differences in people need to be valued – people think, learn and operate in different ways. Understanding and applying basic principles to the development and delivery of the facilitation will go a long way to improving both the experience and the results of the group.
Facilitation methodologies and tools will be given to help trainers prepare for, facilitate and assess the learning experience. There are numerous ways facilitation can be improved and create an opportunity to stretch oneself. This course will provide input on how to do this.
- Define facilitation
- Understand how to plan and prepare for facilitation
- Consider different learning styles
- Design the facilitation process and experience
- Improving the training venue
- Facilitate learning in an improved way using various resources
- Understand various facilitation methodologies and assessment methods
- Evaluate learning and facilitation
Those who facilitate or intend to facilitate learning.
- Plan and Prepare for Facilitation
- Facilitate Learning
- Evaluate Learning and Facilitation