This Chairing Disciplinary Hearings programme gives the delegates the knowledge and understanding of conducting a disciplinary hearing as a Chairperson. This workshop will allow delegates to conduct hearings and to administer disciplinary principles in a fair and consistent manner.
- Understanding the purpose of the Chairperson
- Understand the law of evidence and how it is applied in a disciplinary hearing
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of all parties in the disciplinary hearing
- Learn how to conduct and manage the hearing
- Learn how to take a decision as to sanction
- Understanding the documentation process of the hearing
The workshop has open access to all individuals who need to chair a disciplinary hearing. Tools and skills learnt will enable the individual to be more organised and prepared for the chairing of a hearing, the evaluation of evidence presented during the hearing and determining the appropriate sanction.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Disciplinary Principles
- Module 2: Evidence
- Module 3: During The Hearing
- Module 4: Post Hearing Procedure