The Competency Based Interviewing Skills programme is a one-day workshop which aims to assist in selecting qualified, successful candidates. Managers will be equipped with current interviewing skills to make their transition from ‘doer’ to ‘manager’ more successful and less stressful. This course will assist to examine your role in building a successful and productive team through proper recruiting, interviewing and hiring practices. You will learn to practice competency based selection techniques that reinforce the importance of relating the interview to the specific job requirements.
- To learn a systematic and legal approach for evaluating applicants
- Documenting staff selection procedures
- Develop accurate and complete job analyses
- Advertising for shortlist candidates for selection interview
- Thoroughly review employment applications by developing pre-selection matrices
- Planning and conducting behaviour based interviews and selection techniques
- Control the interview
- Making effective and legally defensible evaluation and hiring decisions
- Conclude contract with successful candidate and notifying unsuccessful candidates of the result
The course is aimed at managers and interviewing panels in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, and may have more than one team reporting to them. The manager would be responsible for incorporating the correct interviewing policies and procedures of the organisation so as to ensure fairness and consistency across the organisation.
- Module 1: Planning and Preparation Phase
- Module 2: Advertising for and Short Listing Candidates for Selection Interview
- Module 3: Conducting Selection Interviews and Making Employment Decisions
- Module 4: Conclude the Contract with the Successful Candidate and Notify Unsuccessful Candidates