This Initiating Disciplinary Hearings programme gives the delegates the knowledge and understanding of preparing for a disciplinary hearing as an Initiator. This workshop will allow delegates to investigate the challenges they are facing regarding the implementation of disciplinary action, and to act on it with the correct procedure and preparation.
- Understanding the Reason for Progressive discipline in the workplace
- Understand the purpose and implementation of a Disciplinary code
- Prepare, investigate and formulate the appropriate charges for a disciplinary hearing.
- Help identify and deal with disciplinary matters at the on set
- Identify the difference between Misconduct and Poor Performance
- Help collect and prepare evidence in a hearing
- Understand the responsibilities of an initiator before, during and after a hearing
- Help with preparing and questioning of witnesses
The workshop has open access to all individuals who need to prepare for and present evidence during a disciplinary hearing. Tools and skills learnt will enable the individual to be more organised and prepared for the initiating of a hearing, and the questioning of witnesses during the hearing.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Disciplinary Principles
- Module 2: The Wheels Start Coming off, What Now?
- Module 3: Pre Hearing Procedure
- Module 4: During the Hearing
- Module 5: Post Hearing Procedure