All employees in an organisation may at times work with projects. This may bring you into contact with consultants, project teams and project managers. Whilst you may not manage specific projects it is important that you understand both the technical and managerial aspects of project management. This will ensure that you and your organisation can make an informed contribution to the projects and can monitor implementation and outcomes.
Project management requires special knowledge and skills. Many projects are cancelled before they are completed. Many are completed late and cost well over their original estimates. And, of the rare few which are completed, on-time and within budget, many do not meet the needs of the project stakeholders. It is essential that effective project managers develop the organisational and interpersonal skills needed to
manage a project from the strategic stage through to completion.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to start operating in a project environment by understanding the terminology used in a project management environment. You’ll also be able to interpret and explain the fundamental concepts of project management.
- To understand the nature of a project
- To adapt to the differing nature and to utilize application of project management
- Understanding of types of structures involved within a project environment
- The application of organisation structures
- Understanding and applying roles and responsibilities of Project Sponsors, Project Managers, Project
Members and stakeholders
- An in depth understanding of all major processes and activities within project management
- To be competent to start operating in a project environment by understanding the terminology used in
a Project Management environment.
- To be able to interpret and explain the fundamental concepts of project management
- Create and sustain focused and motivated teams
- Solve problems, identify solutions and apply corrective action steps
- Effective communication, working successfully with the project team
- How to successfully complete the project by risk management and control procedures.
- You are running your own business
- You are working in or towards a project management environment
- You recognise that project management forms an integral component of a business
- The workshop will benefit anyone involved in project management teams or involved in building small project management teams. These projects may be technical projects, business projects or developmental projects across a range of economic sectors.
- Module 1: The Nature of a Project
- Module 2: The Application of Project Management
- Module 3: Types of Structures
- Module 4: Organisational Structures
- Module 5: Major Processes and Activities
- Module 6: Applying newly acquired skills in the workplace