Stress management is all about taking charge of your lifestyle, thoughts, emotions and the way you deal with problems. No matter how stressful your life seems, there are steps you can take to relieve the pressure and regain balance.
When living with high levels of stress, you’re putting your entire well-being at risk as it wreaks havoc on your emotional equilibrium, and physical health. It narrows your ability to think clearly, function effectively and enjoy life.
Effective stress management helps break the hold stress has on your life, so you can be happier, healthier, and more productive. The goal of stress management is to lead a balanced work and personal life, with time for relationships, relaxation, and fun and the resilience to hold up under pressure and meet day-to-day challenges.
- Understand the concept of stress and target stressors in work and life
- Leverage on positive stress and manage negative stress
- Identify the causes of stress and its effects on performance, health and happiness
- Recognise stress symptoms and physical, mental and emotional reactions
- Manage the effects of stress in the workplace and improve your response towards stress
- Develop strategies to handle pressure, change negative patterns and reduce stress levels
- Make lifestyle choices and create action plans for optimal health and well-being
This workshop is valuable for anyone who wants to raise their awareness of their personal stress levels and manage stress their stress more effectively. It is applicable to anyone who is experiencing the effects of stress or who wants to develop personally and professionally in creating life/work balance. This workshop also applies to managers and team leaders who oversee others and function in stressful environments, providing them with practical, personalised ways to manage workplace stress.
- Module 1: Understanding Stress
- Module 2: Internal versus External Stressors
- Module 3: Positive versus Negative Stress
- Module 4: The Four Common Types of Stress in the Workplace
- Module 5: Stress Management and Coping Techniques
- Module 6: Action Planning