The way we behave in the business environment and at social events can undermine effective working relationships, as it may be construed as rudeness, disrespectful or an intolerance of people of different cultures and diversity. Business and social etiquette is our behaviour, interactions and understanding of others and contributes to the professional image and perceptions of an individual and company.
This 1 day workshop is designed to provide an understanding of how to project a more professional image to create credibility and respect. It will also help build stronger relationships with coworkers, managers and employees. Proper business etiquette impacts everyone within an organisation. Learn to create a professional image and use business etiquette techniques in a variety of business settings.
- Importance of first impressions and how they are created.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers
- Working with others – appropriate behaviour and courtesy in the business environment
- Value and impact of communicating a positive attitude
- General professionalism in the workplace
- Essential listening skills
- Understanding business dress code
- Marketing yourself through body language
- Managing potentially conflicting situations through appropriate behaviour
- Etiquette on the telephone – personal calls, cell phones and confidentiality
- Email Etiquette
- Actions speak louder than Words
- Codes of Conduct
- Etiquette and External Customers
- Etiquette Issues in the Workplace
- The Concept of Ethics
- Personal Accountability & Commitment Plan