Workplace ethics plays an important role in company growth and development.
Ethics in the workplace is defined as the moral code that guides the behaviour of employees with respect to what is right and wrong in regard to conduct and decision making. Ethical behaviour doesn’t only apply to individual employees, the organization itself should exemplify standards of ethical conduct.
Employees who are ethically positive, honest, hardworking, and driven by principles of fairness and decency in the workplace, increases the overall morale and enhances the performance of an organisation.
Workplace ethics is integral in fostering increased productivity and teamwork among employees. It helps in aligning the values of the business with those of the employees, with a resultant increase in productivity and motivation.
- Understand the relationship between values, ethics and organisational culture and its impact on achieving goals and objectives.
- Apply the principles of ethics to improve organisational culture.
- Evaluate current practices against best practice.
- Apply best practice to a unit.
- Strengthen organisational ethics.
- Assess team and personal ethical behaviour.
- Take ownership of personal ethical behaviour.
- Understanding the Relationship Between Values, Ethics and Organisational Culture
- Apply the Concept of Corporate Ethics to a Unit
- Strengthen Shared Organisational Values and Ethical Practices
- Taking Ownership – Ethical Behaviour