This programme gives delegates the knowledge and understanding of preparing for a disciplinary hearing as an Initiator and conducting a disciplinary hearing as a Chairperson. This workshop will allow delegates to investigate the challenges they are facing regarding the implementation of disciplinary action, and to act on it with the correct procedure and preparation. The programme will also allow delegates to conduct hearings and to administer disciplinary principles in a fair and consistent manner.
- Understanding the reason for progressive discipline in the workplace
- Understand the purpose and implementation of a Disciplinary code
- Prepare, investigate and formulate the appropriate charges for a disciplinary hearing.
- Help collect and prepare evidence in a hearing
- Understand the responsibilities of an initiator before, during and after a hearing
- Help with preparing and questioning of witnesses
- Understanding the purpose of the Chairperson
- Learn how to conduct and manage the hearing
- Learn how to take a decision as to sanction
- Understanding the documentation process of the hearing
The workshop has open access to all individuals who need to prepare for and present evidence during a disciplinary hearing and who need to chair a disciplinary hearing. Tools and skills learnt will enable the individual to be more organised and prepared for the initiating and chairing of a hearing, the questioning of witnesses, the evaluation of evidence presented and determining the appropriate sanction.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Disciplinary Principles
- Module 2: Initiating A Disciplinary Hearing
- Module 3: Chairing Disciplinary Hearings
- Module 4: Post Hearing Procedure