The Telephone Excellence programme covers all key aspects of proper conduct and practices in the reception area, and equips front-line telephonists with the practical skills to operate productively and efficiently in this environment.
This workshop is also designed to encourage new and experienced front-line staff to interact, and to discuss the challenges of their position, solve problems and enhance their motivation and commitment to this critically important role.
- Employing effective telephone etiquette
- Answering the telephone according to organisational standards
- Processing incoming calls according to organisational standards
- Processing outgoing calls according to organisational standards
- Using the telephone effectively in a business environment
- Importance of answering the call in a professional manner
- Taking accurate messages and relaying effectively and timeously to the recipient
- Transferring the calls and keeping the client informed of delays
- Assisting customers with requests.
- Improving communication skills, questioning and listening techniques.
- Dealing with difficult callers
- Break-away sessions
- Relevant business exercises
- Discussion activities and
- Case studies
High emphasis is placed on learning through ‘doing’ where learners are presented with real life and workplace case studies ensuring delegates develop knowledge and confidence to take their enhanced skills back into the business environment and apply them successfully. The group leaders are trained to create a comfortable atmosphere where delegates can evaluate themselves and their skills, generate ideas and solutions to problems and plan suitable growth in the workplace.
- Effective Telephone Etiquette
- Answering the Telephone
- Processing Incoming Calls
- Processing Outgoing Calls
- Dealing with Difficult Callers
- Observation Checklist
- Knowledge Questionnaire: Formative Assessment