Why is it that some people find it easy to solve tough problems with simple solutions while others find this feat nearly impossible? You’ve no doubt looked at solutions to problems and said, “I should have thought of that.” But you didn’t. The answer is not just creativity, although that certainly helps. Rather, the power to find these creative solutions lies in our ability to search for and find facts that relate to the situation, and put them together in ways that work. As an individual, your facts and knowledge can only go so far. By tapping into the knowledge of others (staff, colleagues, family, or friends), you can expand the range of solutions available to you.
If you are tired of applying dead-end solutions to recurring problems in your company, this workshop should help you reconstruct your efforts and learn new ways to approach problem solving, and develop practical ways to solve some of your most pressing problems and reach win-win decisions.
The programme is designed to identify problems and to make responsible decisions. The main focus is on the workplace, although the same principles can be used elsewhere. Business teams and leaders are equipped with a range of skills and strategies which will help them to manage and resolve the inevitable challenges which are part of any business process.
- Increase awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools
- Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem
- Thinking outside the box – working towards creative solutions
- Understand the top ten rules of good decision-making
- Develop the confidence to tackle problems efficiently and effectively
- Identifying your own problem solving and decision making style
The workshop is suitable for staff members, who are required to resolve existing problems, make qualified decisions and to polish interpersonal and team competencies. It is also highly suitable for teams who wish to understand the importance of team problem solving and decision making to manage risk and to build synergy and effectiveness. The skill of problem solving and decision making efficiently and effectively is an essential emotional intelligence ingredient in a society where problems are solved through and with those around us.
- Module 1: What is Problem Solving?
- Module 2: Problem Solving Styles
- Module 3: Practical Application
- Module 4: The Problem Solving Model
- Module 5: Six Ways to Approach a Problem
- Module 6: The Problem Solving Toolkit
- Module 7: Thinking Outside the Box
- Module 8: Team Decision Making Case Study
- Module 9: Personal Action Plan