In today’s society, many people experience information overload. We are bombarded with messages to believe various ideas, purchase things, support causes, and lead our lifestyle in a particular way. How do you know what to believe? How do you separate the truth from the myths?
The answer lies in critical thinking skills. The ability to clearly reason through problems and to present arguments in a logical, compelling way has become a key skill for survival in today’s world. This workshop will give you practical tools and hands-on experience with critical thinking and problem solving.
- Define critical and non-critical thinking
- Identify your critical thinking style(s), including areas of strength and improvement
- Describe other thinking styles, including left/right brain thinking and whole-brain thinking
- Work through the critical thinking process to build or analyse arguments
- Develop and evaluate explanations
- Improve key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning
- Use analytical thought systems and creative thinking techniques
- Prepare and present powerful arguments
- Break-away sessions
- Relevant business exercises
- Discussion activities and
- Case studies
High emphasis is placed on learning through ‘doing’ where learners are presented with real life and workplace case studies ensuring delegates develop knowledge and confidence to take their enhanced skills back into the business environment and apply them successfully. The group leaders are trained to create a comfortable atmosphere where delegates can evaluate themselves and their skills, generate ideas and solutions to problems and plan suitable growth in the workplace.
- Module 1: Understanding Critical Thinking
- Module 1: Where Do Other Types of Thinking Fit In?
- Module 1: Pitfalls to Reasoned Decision Making
- Module 1: The Critical Thinking Process
- Module 1: A Critical Thinker’s Skill Set
- Module 1: Creating Explanations
- Module 1: Dealing with Assumptions
- Module 1: Common Sense
- Module 1: Critical and Creative Thought Systems
- Module 1: Putting it into Practice
- Module 1: Personal Accountability & Commitment Plan