The Voice Awareness programme is designed to make participants aware of all the aspects of voice production – both in a face-to-face encounter as well as over the telephone. The programme is specifically designed for speakers of English as a second language. It concentrates on the articulation of the vowel sound, the use of the neutral vowel and how it affects the rhythm of English.
It must be stressed that we do not seek to change accents, except where it interferes with clarity. Delegates are encouraged to develop neutral English accents particularly as they may do business with foreigners who may not understand regional South African accents.
- Give delegates more confidence in their use of English in a business context
- Provide delegates with insight into how the voice functions and the different areas that require work
The workshop will benefit second language English speakers who already use English in their work environment. It is designed to help with the pronunciation of English but delegates should already be proficient English speakers.
- Introduction – Your Voice
- Rooting the Voice
- Modulation and Rhythm
- Rhythm and the Neutral Vowel in English
- Personal Accountability & Commitment Plan