The Fundamental Component consists of Unit Standards to the value of 49 credits all of which are compulsory
The Core Component consists of Unit Standards to the value of 78 credits all of which are compulsory
The Elective Component consists of individual unit standards from which the learner must choose unit standards totalling a minimum of 36 credits.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans, and recommend change within teams and/or the unit so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit in order to attain its desired outcomes, including customer satisfaction, and thereby contributing towards the achievement of the objectives and vision of the entity.
- Lead a team of first line managers, by capitalising on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams, to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness in order to achieve the goals of the entity.
- Build relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks in order to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the unit.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
- MODULE 1: PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- MODULE 2: WORKPLACE MANAGEMENT
- MODULE 3: DECISION MAKING
- MODULE 4: UNIT MANAGEMENT