Categories for Corporate Life Skills
Personal Mastery [2 Days]
Personal mastery is foundational to human growth and maturity and affects both individual and team performance. It requires support staff, team leaders and managers to assess and apply the knowledge of themselves to understand, motivate and manage people often within situations of conflict and interpersonal differences.
Personal mastery involves seeing objective reality and aligning our subjective values with principles. Principles are guidelines for human conduct that are self-evident and have proven to have enduring value. Aligning personal values with these enduring principles result in inward strength of character, genuine caring, serving and increased productivity.
“Sustained superior performance comes from focusing on achieving results and building capacity”, says Stephen Covey. This interactive workshop teaches the key principles of success and productivity through personal mastery practice, using skills and steps that need to be consistently applied to positively change personal performance and that of others.
The knowledge can transform personal and working environments to create successful organisations and the people within them and can be used in a personal way or as an aspect of organisational growth and development. This two day programme will enable delegates to build better relationships, create balanced healthy lifestyles, and increase their productivity and effectiveness as individuals and team members.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of self to strengthen performance
- Understand the principles of creating personal power and self-mastery
- Build a personal development plan for performance through the right thought, belief and action
- Identify your strengths, value and purpose for yourself and the organisation
- Deal with conflict and interpersonal differences through greater personality awareness
- Motivate self and others through positive attitudes and environments
- Apply the principles of success in a practical business context
- Personal Mastery A Journey
- My Values
- My Past
- My Present
- Work / Life Balance
- Personal Productivity
- Personal Perspective
- Personal Mission
- Personal Vision
- Personal Development Plan
Problem Solving & Decision Making [2 Days]
Why is it that some people find it easy to solve tough problems with simple solutions while others find this feat nearly impossible? You’ve no doubt looked at solutions to problems and said, “I should have thought of that.” But you didn’t. The answer is not just creativity, although that certainly helps. Rather, the power to find these creative solutions lies in our ability to search for and find facts that relate to the situation, and put them together in ways that work. As an individual, your facts and knowledge can only go so far. By tapping into the knowledge of others (staff, colleagues, family, or friends), you can expand the range of solutions available to you.
If you are tired of applying dead-end solutions to recurring problems in your company, this workshop should help you reconstruct your efforts and learn new ways to approach problem solving, and develop practical ways to solve some of your most pressing problems and reach win-win decisions.
The programme is designed to identify problems and to make responsible decisions. The main focus is on the workplace, although the same principles can be used elsewhere. Business teams and leaders are equipped with a range of skills and strategies which will help them to manage and resolve the inevitable challenges which are part of any business process.
- Increase awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools
- Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem
- Thinking outside the box – working towards creative solutions
- Understand the top ten rules of good decision-making
- Develop the confidence to tackle problems efficiently and effectively
- Identifying your own problem solving and decision making style
- Module 1: What is Problem Solving?
- Module 2: Problem Solving Styles
- Module 3: Practical Application
- Module 4: The Problem Solving Model
- Module 5: Six Ways to Approach a Problem
- Module 6: The Problem Solving Toolkit
- Module 7: Thinking Outside the Box
- Module 8: Team Decision Making Case Study
- Module 9: Personal Action Plan
Managing Time for Results [1 Day]
The Managing Time for Results programme gives delegates the skills to analyse their personal and team time problems, and to choose and implement solutions which suit their positions and work-styles. This workshop will allow delegates to examine their time management and to select and implement solutions which will assist them in meeting work and personal deadlines.
- Module 1: Creating, Using and Maintaining a Task List
- Module 2: Planning Proactively
- Module 3: Using and Maintaining an Effective Diary System
- Module 4: Procrastination, Prioritising and Productivity
- Module 5: Planning and Following a Work Schedule
- Module 6: Essential Time Management Skills
- Module 7: Basics of Time and Stress Management
Conflict Management [1 Day]
The programme is designed to identify and manage the resolution of personal conflict between individuals or teams. The main focus is on the workplace, although the same principles can be used elsewhere. Business teams and leaders are equipped with a range of skills and strategies which will help them to manage and resolve the inevitable conflicts which are part of any business process.
- Understand the main sources of conflict
- Analyse and understand the nature of conflicts
- Describing appropriate techniques to manage conflict
- Implementing skills and strategies to manage and resolve conflict
- Develop the confidence to tackle conflict effectively
- Developing the attributes of a good conflict leader
- Handling customer complaints
- Module 1: Putting Conflict Into Perspective
- Module 2: Exploring Diversity when Dealing with Internal and External Customers
- Module 3: Developing the Core Skills Needed to Successfully Prevent and Resolve Conflict
- Module 4: Personal and Organisational Conflict Resolution Skills
- Module 5: Dealing with Customer Complaints