Categories for Full Qualifications & Learnerships
FETC – Business Administration Services NQF Level 4
This Qualification is intended to enhance the provision of service within the field of Administration within all business and non-commercial sectors. The Qualification ensures progression of learning, enabling the learner with the broad knowledge, skills and values needed in the Administration field for all business and non-commercial sectors.
It is also the building block to advance the learner into the National Certificate in Business Administration Services: NQF Level 5.
- Management of records
- Comprehension of verbal and written texts
- Business writing
- Problem solving
- Cultural awareness
- Self-management and development
- Project Teamwork
- Policies and procedures
- Banking and Financial Administration
- Legal knowledge
- Secretarial and Reception Services
- Call Centre Administration
- Relationship Management
- Module 1: Team and Diversity Management
- Module 2: Time Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Module 3: Financial Management
- Module 4: Research and Analysis
- Module 5: Stock and Fixed Assets
- Module 6: Fraud Control
- Module 7: Manage Service Providers
- Module 6: Office Administration
- Module 7: Business Communication
- Module 8: Numeracy
NC – Generic Management NQF Level 5
The Fundamental Component consists of Unit Standards to the value of 49 credits all of which are compulsory
The Core Component consists of Unit Standards to the value of 78 credits all of which are compulsory
The Elective Component consists of individual unit standards from which the learner must choose unit standards totalling a minimum of 36 credits.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans, and recommend change within teams and/or the unit so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit in order to attain its desired outcomes, including customer satisfaction, and thereby contributing towards the achievement of the objectives and vision of the entity.
- Lead a team of first line managers, by capitalising on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams, to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness in order to achieve the goals of the entity.
- Build relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks in order to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the unit.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
- MODULE 1: PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- MODULE 2: WORKPLACE MANAGEMENT
- MODULE 3: DECISION MAKING
- MODULE 4: UNIT MANAGEMENT
FETC – Generic Management NQF Level 4
The Fundamental Component consists of Unit Standards to the value of 56 credits all of which are compulsory
The Core Component consists of Unit Standards to the value of 72 credits all of which are compulsory
The Elective Component consists of individual unit standards from which the learner must choose unit standards totalling a minimum of 22 credits.
- Gather and analyse information.
- Analyse events that impact on a business and its competitive environment.
- Comply with organisational standards.
- Motivate an individual or team.
- Negotiate in a work situation.
- Understand the role of business strategy
- Manage a budget within a specific area of responsibility.
- Apply management principles and practices to a specific area of responsibility.
- Manage work unit performance to achieve goals.
- Behave ethically and promote ethical behaviour in a work situation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the consequences of HIV/AIDS.
- Develop plans to achieve defined objectives.
- Organise resources in accordance with a developed plan.
- Lead a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives.
- Monitor performance to ensure compliance to a plan.
- Make decisions based on a code of ethics.
- Module 1: Planning: Develop plans to achieve defined objectives
- Module 2: Organising: Organise resources in accordance with developed plan.
- Module 3: Team Leading: Lead a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives.
- Module 4: Controlling: Monitor performance to ensure compliance to a developed plan
- Module 5: Ethics: Make decisions based on a code of ethics.
- Module 6: Fundamentals
NC – Business Administration Services – NQF Level 2
Administration is an essential field of learning applying to business in all sectors. Administrative tasks are conducted at various levels depending upon the nature and size of the organisation. There is an on-going need for highly skilled administration personnel. To ensure this the National Certificate in Business Administration Services provides a well-developed learning pathway, catering for administrative personnel at the various levels in which they operate.
This qualification will enhance the provision of entry-level service within the field of administration. The core component focuses on skills in information handling, time management, communications, customer service, technology, organisational skills, teamwork and business policies and procedures.
- Identify and maintain records
- Maintain an information system
- Process numerical and text data
- Receive, distribute and dispatch mail in an office environment
- Receive and execute instructions
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Behave in a professional manner in a business environment
- Attend to customer enquiries
- Operate and take care of equipment in an office environment
- Manage time and work processes within a business environment
- Investigate the structure of an organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business environment
- Keep informed about current affairs relating to one`s own industry
NC – Business Administration Services – NQF Level 3
Through building day-to-day administration skills, as well as general operational competencies, this qualification ensures progression of learning, enabling the delegate to meet standards of service excellence required within the administration field. It has building blocks that can be developed further in qualifications at a higher level.
This qualification focuses on the skills, knowledge, values and attitudes to provide opportunities for people to move up the value chain. The core component contains competencies in information handling, communication, customer service, technology, organisation skills, self-development, teamwork and business policies and procedures.
- Gather and report information
- Plan, monitor and control and information system
- Maintain booking systems
- Participate in meetings and process documents and communications related thereto
- Utilise technology to produce information
- Plan and conduct basic research in an office environment
- Coordinate meetings, minor events and travel arrangements
- Set personal goals
- Function in a team and overall business environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of employment relations
- Module 1: HR for Office Administrators
- Module 2: Communication Skills for Office Administrators
- Module 3: Administration Skills for Office Administrators
- Module 4: Business Writing for Office Administrators
- Module 5: Organisational Skills for Office Administrators
- Module 6: Research Skills for Office Administrators
- Module 7: IT Skills for Office Administrators
- Module 8: Front Line and Customer Service for Office Administrators
- Module 9: Business Appreciation for Office Administrators