Administration is an essential field of learning applying to business in all sectors. Administrative tasks are conducted at various levels depending upon the nature and size of the organisation. There is an on-going need for highly skilled administration personnel. To ensure this the National Certificate in Business Administration Services provides a well-developed learning pathway, catering for administrative personnel at the various levels in which they operate.
This qualification will enhance the provision of entry-level service within the field of administration. The core component focuses on skills in information handling, time management, communications, customer service, technology, organisational skills, teamwork and business policies and procedures.
- Identify and maintain records
- Maintain an information system
- Process numerical and text data
- Receive, distribute and dispatch mail in an office environment
- Receive and execute instructions
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Behave in a professional manner in a business environment
- Attend to customer enquiries
- Operate and take care of equipment in an office environment
- Manage time and work processes within a business environment
- Investigate the structure of an organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business environment
- Keep informed about current affairs relating to one`s own industry
The National Certificate in Business Administration Services, NQF Level 2, is designed to meet the needs of those learners who are already involved, or wish to become involved, in the field of administration. It is particularly suited to those learners who are performing administrative, clerical and secretarial tasks but have not had the opportunity to obtain a formal qualification beyond NQF level 1.
DOWNLOAD the full course outline.